Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hula Festival, 7/21 & Hoomaluhia 7/22/12

Us photo lovers, had a wonderful opportunity to capture the beauty of hula at the 35th Annual Prince Lot Hula Festival on the grounds of Moanalua Gardens. According to info, Prince Lot Kapua`ida created this annual festival where hula was banned: in the district of Moanalua.

Kimo Kahoano and Leina'ala Kalama Heine.  Erick, Sookie and I did not realize we were sitting next to the announcer's tent until they spoke.
Although, you may see in many of my pictures, one hula dancer - they were with a group. I find that I rather focus on one person.










 She did do a solo and I believe she is the current dancer whom Kim Taylor Reece photographs.


 Her father

The next day, I made pictures with Milton and Derek at Hoomaluhia Botanical Garden. Thanks Milton for finding the birds and making them comfortable as we slowly approached them. That was fun.











5 comments:

Photo Fashionista said...

Great photos...especially love the bird photo!

SW said...

great shots of the hula dancers..they has such intensity in their faces as they dance. Love the soft green background w/ their ti-leaf skirts. Great catch of the bird shot too..

jalna said...

I also love the bird!

celia said...

Thanks for loving the bird. Notice only one picture of a bird. I had a hard time - mainly because I need to be more patient.

Erick said...

Very nice, great shots of all the dancers. I don't seeing that bird there. Must have missed it. LOL