Sunday, July 19, 2009

Wahiawa Botanical Garden, 7/18/09

Cool, a hasselblad camera!



Large depth of field, but while the shutter was open I brought the zoom in.  Check out the effect by double clicking on this picture.

Here is one done with HDR - high dynamic range with auto exposure blending.


Looking up with a fellow photographer, we wondered what that was up in the tree.  Since he didn't have his zoom, I shot it.
Checking the shot and zooming in , wow he was correct, it really is the tree's flower.
I still have proof that I was at this garden.  Maybe because it was raining not heavy but not drizzling, the mosquitos were out and boy did they have a feast with me.  I think I got on my face at least 12 bites and each arm got 20 bites.  Ooooooh, itchy!

3 comments:

SW said...

You caught the rain coming down on the purple flower shots. That's so cool. I really like your leaf experiment shots and the HDR effect. you can really tell the differences. Looks like you are getting to know the camera a lot..while having a fun shoot too. I wonder what that Hasslblad shots look like..

celia said...

OMG, my eyes are so bad, I never knew my pic shows the rain although it was raining. I checked it out and I can see water droplets on that purple flower. Wow thanks for your observation.

Erick said...

Cool plant shots! I like the high tech leaf HDR explanation. You sound like a pro. Great job.