Sunday, September 5, 2010

Okinawan Festival, 9/4/10

After a busy week at work, morning exercises and last night's First Friday, I actually stayed in bed until 11:30 am.

Shun Wah, Erick and myself met at Kapiolani Park for the Okinawan Festival. At the bandstand, we were entertained by such talent and beautiful ethnic outfits.






Karate is taken very seriously.



From Okinawa, Mamoru Miyagi - the next picture was one of his students.

Sometimes, I get distracted.
As I was looking around, I noticed the columns had these Hawaiian motives.
Around 5 pm, entertainment ended in preparation for the largest bon dance. Off to get Okinawan food - there were lots of food vendors to choose from.

I saw this drummer in the crowd. He let me take his picture. Thanks.


There were 3 Shishas - cross between a lion and a dog. Inside were 10 year olds. It was fun watching them perform. I did take more pics but messed up with my focus point. Uggh.






I think this was the largest crowd they ever had.

3 comments:

Erick said...

Wow, you posted that fast. Nice shots, great shots of the kids!

SW said...

wow....sooo efficient..you got quite a bit of greats shots of the event. THis year, you gotta submit your photo for the oki fest contest..your rainbow shot came out beautifully...jellos..

celia said...

Shun Wah, thanks for the encouragement. It was fun shooting with you guys.