Sunday, September 19, 2010

Gary's class & Little get together, 9/18/10

Much appreciation to Gary Nakanishi of Eyes of Hawaii who graciously set up a class on digital SLR at his condo's meeting room. We then went out to the grounds of his condo and put to practice what we learned. It was fun to share our camera lens with other members.

Can you tell what lens I got to borrow? Yes, the fisheye. Thanks Milton H.



While I let others borrow my 70-200 and 16-35, I also got to borrow Bryan's 24-70. I decided to shoot this hoop looking up
and looking down.

Later, I joined my friends at Waikiki by the Natatorium War Memorial. It is quite an elaborate memorial.I thought it would be cool to shoot this scene from one of its openings.
I am amazed I was able to zoom from the same wall and get this with my Panasonic ZS3. Since I walked to this place, I left my heavy duty camera at home.
All in all it was a fun day.

4 comments:

SW said...

cool fisheye shots.. that bench look so cute w/ the added curvature. Nice sunset shot w/ your panasonic as well...a very handy camera.

jalna said...

Hey, that fisheye is pretty neat!

celia said...

Shun Wah and Jalna,
Do I want that fisheye lens, yes! I was informed that now there is a lens with a variable focal length. It was so much fun. I learned with the bench what I needed to do to get the curvature and thought I show you the difference. Lol, just get closer.

Erick said...

Wow, very cool shots with the fisheye! I always wanted to get one, after looking at your shots maybe I will now. Great shooting!