Sunday, September 5, 2010

Foster Garden and Return to Okinawan Festival, 9/5/10

My last post for tonight.
Shun Wah, Hiromi and I met at Foster Garden. My attempt with my macro lens.




Since Shun Wah and I still had scrips for the Okinawan Festival - off we went. We had to have our shave ice.
In my previous post, Second time at Pacific Beach Hotel..., I mentioned Ramune Soda and how intriguing it is. I decided to document this. I removed the top part and separated the green part.
The top now exposes a glass ball.
I have to push the glass ball down using this green part.
The released ball creates carbonation.

Voila, I now can enjoy this fun carbonated soft drink.
I also purchased a 5 pack Okinawa Soba for $7.50.
Needless to say, it has been fun. Tomorrow - Erick and Shun Wah and I will be shooting landscape. Yay for 3 day weekends.

4 comments:

jalna said...

I loooove your macro work, Celia!

celia said...

Thank you so much. It is hard to do - between me shaking and the plants shaking - yikes. I forgot my tripod but sometimes the tripod just can't help to get the right angle.

SW said...

Very nice macro shots again..what plant is that last one.. it came out soo cool! Also nice documenting of the soda.. I think I'm getting hooked on that soda!

celia said...

I don't know what kind of flower it is. I think the flower fell on the leaf. I saw another leaf with the same kind of flower on it. Hmmm?

That soda was so cool. It was fun documenting it with my Panasonic ZS3.