Thursday, September 23, 2010

Moon Shoot at Hilton Hawaiian Village Lagoon, 9/22/10

I got worried if our moon shooting would be raining based on what the morning looked like.

I work at an elementary school and the students were commenting how low the clouds were. Luckily I had my trusty Panasonic ZS3 and took some shots.
By 5:45 pm, when I got to the Hilton Hawaiian Village Lagoon, the weather was perfect.

Due to the curvature of the walkway, this might look like a fisheye shot. I set my wide angle 16-35 to 16 to get as much as possible in the frame. The shadows were Terry and myself, we both were waiting at the wrong spot.
Believe it or not, it was only 6:12 pm. I got this effect using a small aperture f/22, shutter 1/1000, ISO 100. I was enjoying getting star effects.
6:17 pm

I think 30+ showed up for this Harvest moon shoot. Thanks Milton H. and Ed for arranging this.
6:27 pm
Instead of "Where is Waldo", this is "Where is the moon?" Lol, can you find it?
7:14 pm, Since I wasn't very successful with my moon shots, I decided to try different effects. I used my camera's flash. I am not sure what that small white dot is. This dragon is part of the canoe used for the Dragon Boat Race.

This was the same shot as the above. I did something with photoshop, I am not actually sure what I did but was happy with the effect.

8:03 pm
I stayed longer trying something, but uggh it didn't work out. Luckily when I gave up, I saw 2 other die hards, Debbie and Donna. Later Gary and his wife drove through the parking lot and was surprised that Donna and I were still there. Thanks for making sure all was safe.

3 comments:

jalna said...

Wow, good turnout. Wouldja believe I thought of going. But of course after I hard day's work, I just decided to go home. Great pictures!

Erick said...

Very nice post. Good coverage ot the shoot. I wish I went. I really like the dragon boat shot, very creative.

SW said...

wow...those clouds were way low. I was at Lyon Aborertum earlier that day and saw the 'cloud effect' on the roadside..it was soo cool. Your sunset shot came out great. One day I gotta try that setting too. Your wide angle shot made you look tall in the shadow...same height as Terry! BTW.. that small dot is Jupiter.. I heard about that on the radio.. great shooting..looked like real fun.