Sunday, September 5, 2010

First Friday, 9/3/10

Tonight, Sunday 9/5, I am blogging about my weekend - in 3 parts. "First Friday", "Okinawan Festival" and "Foster Garden and Okinawan Festival"

First part is First Friday, 9/3.

Ruth, Lynn, Dennis O. and I enjoyed walking around Chinatown and Downtown. This was Lynn's First Friday.

No pictures, there were so many people, we tried 2 other restaurants before we got lucky to get a table at Epic. No regrets.

Next, we headed to Hawaii State Art Museum aka HISAM. Look closely these ceramic bowls have spouts to let the water flow to the bowls below. I was also trying to capture its reflection.
From the balcony I got this shot.
Here was Paula Fuga, a previous American Idol contestant. I am not sure which of the Hawaiian Islands she is from. Although we had dinner, we shared a mango cheesecake and drank beer.
As if we didn't have enough good eats, we finished the evening with these desserts (apple crisp, gelato sundae and Kona coffee gelato) at Murphy Bar and Grill.
I have to thank Richard, he was kind to let me borrow his Canon Rebel XT - my Canon 50D is with Canon to repair the exposure lock and basic tune up.

2 comments:

Erick said...

Cool bowls, nice shot! You've been busy posting. Keep up the great work.

SW said...

Looks like a fun event to check out.. the desserts look soooo good! nice shots!