Monday, September 6, 2010

Kualoa Sugar Mill Ruins and La'ie Point, 9/6/10

Charles H. Judd, Dr. Judd's son, helped expand the ranch in 1860. Three years later Charles Judd partnered with his brother-in-law, Sam Wilder, and bought the ranch from Dr. Judd to build Oahu's first sugar mill. After less than ten years of operation, the sugar mill closed as a result of insufficient rainfall at the time. Not long after this setback, Charles Judd began cattle farming as an alternative. excerpt from Kualoa Ranch embodies adventure,...

Across the way is Mokoli'i Island also known as "Chinaman's Hat" because of its shape.
I can't believe it - this is truly my first time to La'ie Point. Shun Wah and I are such townies, lol.


There are 5 little islands and this one is so cool with the opening. The next picture is a close up.

Thanks again Erick for the drive. It was so beautiful seeing the coast from Kaneohe to La'ie.

4 comments:

Erick said...

Hey I'm not the townie, you and Shun-Wah are the ones that don't go past Pearlridge. There are so many other places you will love, you need to check them out.

celia said...

I corrected the sentence. It came out wrong. But you are correct, Shun Wah and I need to go out more. Let's go.

SW said...

nice shots..your sky came out beautiful w/ the white puffy clouds...good advertisement for Hawaii for a tourist like me...

Jon said...

Wow, great shots. It really makes me miss home.