Monday, July 5, 2010

Fireworks, 7/4/10

Shooting fireworks sometimes is tricky.

First I mount my digital SLR on a tripod and do the following settings: Manual, ISO 100, Manual focus: infinity, F stop 8-11 and I use a remote shutter release. I press my remote and I keep the shutter open just enough to capture the firework.

If I keep it open too long, guess what too much light. This is tricky because simultaneously other fireworks are being shot up while others are dissipating.

All in all, I feel this makes up for my disappointment - check out my previous post: July 3rd.






6 comments:

SW said...

very nice..these came out great! you even got the upside down heart too!!

jalna said...

Nice job. I like the ones with the water reflection.

celia said...

Me too.

Erick said...

Wow, very nice. I like the upside down heart. Cool!

SW said...

hey.. you got the heart!! Nice firework shots..you made up for the misses from the night before.

Anonymous said...

I like the last 2 pictures you shot. The red reflection on the water compliments the fireworks burst in the air. The heart fireworks is interesting, must be a new pattern as I've never seen it before.