Sunday, April 8, 2012

NPAC's Godspell, 3/31/12

I have never been disappointed with Nanakuli High and Intermediate School Performing Arts Center (NPAC) performances.  Shun Wah and I had the privilege of making memories of Godspell.

Kudos to Robin Kitsu, his wife, his daughter, the performers and their support crew. I was moved to tears as this depicts Jesus's last days.  They did a powerful performance.

I would have loved to share more pictures because these students gave it their all - they took this charge seriously.  Therefore you may find the pictures are disconnected but I chose pictures I felt showed emotion.


 John the Baptist baptizing.

















As I mentioned, I have never been disappointed.  I am always happy I got to see them and to give them my pictures. Here are links to previous performances, I have attended.

(Under the Influence - I did not blog this) However this past summer 2011, NPAC was invited to perform this at the American High School Theatre Festival at the Fringe Festival in Edinburg Scotland.

Thank you Sunny Aloha Miller for informing my photo friends and myself about NPAC.

5 comments:

Lance said...

Nice pics. You did capture their emotions. Looks like lighting was a challenge.

SW said...

it's great to see the different angles you have.. Nice coverage of the play. Thanks again for giving me the opportunity to see this gem.

celia said...

Thanks Lance. You are correct - lighting was a challenge. Perfect for the show but difficult to capture pictures.

Thanks Shun Wah. Since they created a middle walk out platform, I used my 60 mm and stayed on the left side then after the intermission I stayed on the right side. Yes, this was a gem - so glad you enjoyed it.

Erick said...

Good emotion shots! It must have been kind of tough with that low light.

celia said...

Thanks Erick. So true!