Saturday, November 19, 2011

"Take a Bow", 11/12/11

I can't say enough about this wonderfully talented group.  Nanakuli High and Intermediate School Performing Arts Center (NPAC) had an experience of a lifetime.  They traveled to London and then performed "Under the Influence" at Edinburg Fringe Festival in Scotland.  PBS will broadcast again on Thanksgiving Day: "Dream Big: Nanakuli at the Fringe."  I hope you will be able to see it.

This performance was very enjoyable, there were many popular songs.  I really had to downsize the number of pictures I took for this blog.  I also tend to shoot individuals because I enjoy capturing their expressions.





















Director Robin Kitsu has a heart of gold.  He cares and uses "theater and the performing arts to help students learn more about themselves and to become responsible, productive students and citizens." His wife and daughter support him 100%.

"In 2001, he received the Milken Family Foundation National Educator award."
 His daughter gives him a warm hug to wish him a Happy Birthday.
Last school year, I had the pleasure of watching and taking pictures of "Encore", "Disney's Camp Rock The Musical", and "Under the Influence" (monologues of how drugs and alcohol ruin lives).

NPAC has been performing since school year 1991-1992.

Tonight, I also blogged about  Women's Basketball, 11/19/11

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved these. Such personal expression in EACH image captured.
I felt as if I were there in a seat.

celia said...

Yay! I am glad I could make you feel that way. They certainly sang from their hearts!

SW said...

They look so professional...you can really see the enthusiasm in their expressions.

Erick said...

You really captured the emotion in their faces! Good job.