Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Lemonade Alley, 11/12/11

Today was a culmination of lots of hard work and it was held at Iolani School.
WHAT: Lemonade Alley is a free business competition open to all K-12 public and private school students in Hawaii. Students develop entrepreneurial skills in this paperless “green” contest by building lemonade stands, creating lemonade drinks, pitching business plans to a panel of judges and operating their new enterprises for one day. The 32 finalist teams out of 67 entries are competing for $1,000 cash prizes in four age divisions, along with other prizes. All proceeds support the Boy Scouts of Hawaii, the Boys & Girls Club of Hawaii and the YWCA of Oahu. The Hawaii Business Showcase and Craft Fair is being held in conjunction with the Lemonade Alley finals. Additional information is available at www.lemonadealley.com.

It was fun to see these 32 finalist.

I really thought this group was fun and felt their concept was great.  I ordered their Supernova.  After the whip cream they topped it with some chocolate.
Division 3-6
At this booth: Sour Things + Sweet Thought, I got yummy yummy lemon bars.
Division 3-6
Linda promoted this event at Eyes of Hawaii photography club and welcomed photographers.   Her brother is part of http://www.bizgym.com/contests/lemonade-alley/  that created the business portion.
I am glad that I found out about this wonderful event.  Congratulations to everyone who participated.

After posting this blog, I read an article that mentioned Steve Sue, Entrepreneur, Creator of Lemonade Alley in MidWeek - November 23, 2011.  OMG, I did not realize it was Linda's brother's idea.  He gives credit to 30+ for working with him to provide this opportunity and gives credit to these wonderful students willing to learn and work together to create their own lemonade stand - with a business plan.  I added this on Nov. 22, 2011.
Division K-2
Division 7-9
Division K-2
Division K-2
Division 3-6
Division 3-6


Division 3-6
Division 3-6
Division 3-6
I did not get their name, but I believe they were in Division 10-12
Besides the lemonade stands, there were other vendors and this cute mini golf.
Mayor Peter Carlisle has proclaimed, November 7-12, "Lemonade Alley Week".

7 comments:

LGS said...

Celia - GREAT shots! We are so happy that you took the time to come to our event! Mahalo nui loa!

Leslie's pics said...

Hey Jalna and I saw this booth at the Children's day thingy....too bad I don't like lemonade, I would've checked it out! Looks like it was fun!

celia said...

Linda, what a terrific learning experience for these students.

Leslie, it was fun and amazing when I learned more about what they did (a business plan using a tree to see the big picture).

SW said...

wow.. looks like a great event.. I saw snippets of it on the news. Great captures!

Anonymous said...

I love Lemonade,
I most noticed the varieties in flavors. Great pictures really gave a feel of being at a State Fair.
Such Creative Booths and exposure to the public and a day of fun and support to young people.

Mike said...

When I was little I had a lemonade stand didn't make any money but it was fun.

celia said...

Mike, I am glad that at least you had fun and had an opportunity to experience the lemonade stand. I commend the organizers of this event for giving these young ones this experience.