Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Sacred Urban Landscape, 3/10 & 11/12

This was my metaphoric picture of the journey I took the weekend of March 10 and 11 from 8:30 am - 6pm. Doug Beasley's class was incredible!  I really liked his comment "make a photo" versus "take a picture"
I shared how I used my hand to express this metaphor.
We learned to connect with the place.  I hope you can tell what feeling I got when I saw this kayaker.
 Use of positive and negative space.
I just liked the ripples of this duck and the raindrops. 
After, I realized what our chosen leaf was for, I asked if we could find another leaf. LOL, no dice.
 More connection...
 Poetry...
We ended our workshop with making pictures of "street art".  
It was cool to see how this artist used the building's shutters for his picture.
Earth Meets Spirit by Doug Beasely - will be a book I will continue to treasure. It was just published and I am so glad I purchased it. Thank you so much Doug for a wonderful weekend.

Tonight, I also posted/blogged Kawaii Kon

4 comments:

Erick said...

Nice! So, did you learn a lot from the class? How is the letting go working?

celia said...

Thanks Erick, I learned a lot and I am happy I got his book - he is very spiritual. Hmm, still working on the letting go.

Ross Togashi said...

Hi Celia, I was looking up Ed and EOH club and came across your website.

It was very nice meeting you at Doug's workshop! It was a fantastic experience for me.

It's nice to see images you made during the class. I esp. think the photo of your hand grabbing the rope is very compelling.

Take care and see you around! :)

celia said...

Ross, thank you. I really like that term make a picture. I am glad we attended Doug's workshop - what an awesome teacher - he had us look within ourselves. I also agree it was very nice meeting you. I remember your pinhole camera. I hope you will be at our EOH meeting.