Sunday, June 28, 2009

Nature's Beauty and a Funny Moment, 6/26/09

I can't get enough of nature's beauty.  So before leaving Kelowna, I had to take more pictures at Rocky and Tony's place.  My excuse for not picking cherries?  I have to take the pictures.

I was pleasantly surprised that cherries are attached by 3's.  I see so many pictures of a pair of cherries.

Although this is grass, I really like how the light hits it.


This dandelion was so pretty against a small hill.  
Raspberries 
Their hibiscus was sooo pretty.
Sometimes we saw regular parking meters.  Sometimes we saw these:

Okay this is the funny moment.  Rocky is suppose to lay off these because of the sugar. However when we went to "Super Store", she mentioned to Tony that "Celia needs to get black licorice".  I of course say "oh yes"  We were quickly interrupted with Tony looking over our shoulder and shaking his head.  OMG, we bust out laughing and can't stop. My sides ached so much, I was actually screaming, "Oweeeee"  (Tony's thougths: why would Celia want Australian black licorice from Canada?)
Isn't presentation everything?
Rocky lives on the mountain in the background.
From her place you can see a red sign on a building.  That is the place I took the previous picture of the H2O Adventure and Fitness Center. I mentioned this place in my June 22 post.
Nature's beauty.

3 comments:

jalna said...

It's so beautiful there. Unreal how you can just pick your cherries! They're so expensive here. And that high-tech parking meter . . . it seems strange that it takes U.S. 25 cents and credit cards. And you print out a ticket and place on your dashboard. Too bad if you put in too much money, the person after you doesn't benefit.

Erick said...

Yum, those cherries look so good. Please eat some for me and tell me know if I enjoyed them. Cool nature photos too. Keep us updated!

SW said...

I've never seen cherries on a tree before and they look so sweet. Nice shot of the dandelion and the grass. It's neat how little things look so interesting to us since we don't see them here...Glad you worked out the internet problem so you can post.