Friday, April 15, 2022

The Arboretum, 4/10/22

I am so fortunate to be in the mainland, there are so many places to visit. My friend Maria suggested The Arboretum It was in Arcadia, 18 miles northeast from me. 


I asked where The Cresent Farm was because of the poppies. As I walked along this path, I noticed that there was a peacock lane. The Arboretum protects peacocks from having to dodge people if they happen to be on the pathways. Peacocks can get vicious if you are too close to them - there are signs warning us to stay 10 feet away from them. 

This peacock enjoyed the attention it was getting 

He was up there for a long time. Most people had already left. 

There were many peacocks both male and female. The male ones were definitely showing off their feathers with their dance and mating calls.



This is a 127 acre botanical garden. There is a little lake where ducks were hanging out. It actually sounded like I was at the zoo, the ducks are loud like gibbons. Even when they flew across, they were quacking.





I saw some photographers with large lens. Luckily, I am not shy. I found out that they enjoy photographing birds. They got amazing photos of humming birds, other fowls as well as flowers. They have a good eye. Humming birds are extremely challenging, they move so quickly. One of the guys showed me his photo of these beautiful whitish poppies. He had to give me specific instructions as to where to find them because I could not find them.

They were basically across

and on the same side as the waterfalls.


They also suggested I check out the rose garden.


It was such a fun day. I think there were 2 or 3 ladies getting photographed. I saw her, another one in blue and one in green.






This is bottlebrush tree.


I did not give this place justice. It is a huge botanical garden.

2 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

Arcadia - is that close to Pasadena? You are such a great adventuress. Whenever I go to the Mainland, my highlights are Trader Joes and IKEA. Before Target opened up here, I would go to all the Targets I could. Missed museums, gardens, all that good stuff. Glad that I can "see" them through your lens.

celia said...

Honolulu Aunty, Arcadia is to the East of Pasadena. I enjoy getting to see all these places. I can see why you enjoy Trader Joes and IKEA, Honolulu doesn't have them. Luckily, I enjoy photography which gives me more opportunities to see more places.