Thursday, November 12, 2020

Kaka`ako Waterfront, 11/11/20

It was an impromptu to photograph silhouettes. 

Gary and I went to Kakaako Waterfront and caught the sun setting.




As the sun was setting, I was hoping for a green flash. I only had my 100mm macro lens so I could not get a close up.

Low and behold, it was a green flash tonight which is such a rare occurrence!!!

Close up of the green flash. A cropped view of the previous photo.


We asked the owners if we could take silhouettes of their dog. This dog was so sweet.





Later, we asked permission to photograph this girl on her scooter and let her know it would be a silhouette.

One last photo for the evening. Believe it or not, this was taken at 6:20 pm.

While photographing the sun set, a cute Japanese mother and daughter were speaking in Japanese but would repeatedly say green. Afterwards, I said to them were you saying green flash, the daughter happily said yes and she has seen it twice. Gary and I showed that we both got it in our cameras. They were adorable because they were so happy for us and were clapping for us. The mother could not help herself and gave me hugs. The daughter was perhaps in her early 60s.

No comments: