Sunday, December 26, 2021

This blog is my journal. I know my grandson will continue to change so it is good to keep those changes in one place.



December 9... 

It was getting a bit chillier. Casey's friend, Emily, knitted this adorable wool sweater. They found out from their trip to Hawaii that Ole is much happier if he gets to go out.







December 17...
Thank you Jon for driving to Almansor Park in Alhambra (16 miles away).  It was also fun having Alexandra join us. I am so glad Jon got take out from You Kitchen down the street. This Chinese lunch was delish!!! Ole was licking his bib like he was licking an ice cream cone - (one day he will get to really have ice cream).










December 18...
Today, I looked at the map and thought why not drive to Santa Barbara (95 miles away)? The distance did not deter me. I did choose not to use the freeway. GPS directed me to Oxnard, Ventura, Summerland and then to the shopping district (State Street) of Santa Barbara. By the time I got to Ventura and saw the sign Donuts, I just had to stop. Perfect timing because I was hungry and thirsty - yes I also had iced coffee. The other 2 photos were at Santa Barbara. When I went home, I did use the freeway - took the 101, 405 and 10 to Culver City.





December 22...

Off to Pasadena with my friend Naomi. I was able to take the photo of the building on the left, since Naomi was driving. As we walked along Colorado Street, we saw this French place.  It was fun listening to a customer and the owner speaking in French. The Rosebowl Parade uses Colorado Street. I was thrilled to see the Fall leaves.





December 24...
Jon and Casey have a tradition- Frangelico in hot chocolate - more please. Notice this bottle, it replicates Father Angelico who created this liqueur including the rope around the waist of his robe. 





December 25...
The day started with homemade waffles, topped with homemade whipped cream. Our coffee was embellished with Frangelico, why not, right?






Random photos of Ole...





I hope you had a Merry Christmas - Happy Holidays. May you have a wonderful 2022.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love that picture comparing Ole's size!
v

jalna said...

Awwwwww . . .

celia said...

Thanks V. I also like comparing him with the stocking. Notice he is getting bigger, lol, I am not.

Thank you Jalna.

Honolulu Aunty said...

Ole is adorable and so lucky to have you chronicle his life along with family and your travels. You almost make me want to live in California with your great photos. Almost. I am too much of a local stuck in Hawaii kind of gal and not very adventurous at all.

celia said...

Hi Honolulu Aunty,

Thanks, we are definitely enjoying Ole. Luckily, I am adventurous. I went to Santa Barbara on my own 2 weeks ago and this past Sunday to Solvang. I have decided I just need to do things since I am on the mainland. Currently, it gets really dark by 5:30 so I end up driving home in the dark on the freeway.