Monday, October 18, 2021

Family time and driving around, 10/18/21




Wow, the University of Southern California "USC" is so nice. Even the public can come to the stores here. We went to Trader Joe's and I got my first bag along with food. I did not check out the other stores but I do know there is a Target next to Trader Joe's.


October 9, Ole's first ride in this carriage.

Casey's boys

Jon was doing shadows. Casey also had fun with this.

Monday, October 11, I drove and visited my Alma Mater.




There are so many modern buildings especially if you enter from Lincoln Blvd. I do remember this one which I had many classes. However, I have no idea where I took my other classes.

Jon's dinner. It was yummy.

Casey's dinner was delish. The corn is off the cob then roasted. They cook such healthy meals. I did one, but, I need to improve before I share a photo.


My adventures on Montana Avenue closer to Ocean Street.

I could not resist having a cup of ice cream.



For navigation, I have this thin magnet that is on the inside of my cell phone cover. It comes with the device in the next photo. This set up is good. You can use the cell phone cover you already have.


Thursday, 10/14 turned out to be a wonderful day. My condo sale closed and the movers came. This is my 4th week and my grandson is 8 weeks old. I will always remember this day.





Friday, October 15, just the ladies and Ole for some chill time at Highly Likely.



I love capturing these moments.


Breakfast? We walked over to Home State, a Texan kitchen.

The yellow umbrellas in the can can be borrowed for shade and here we are enjoying breakfast on 1 of the 2 benches.

It truly is fun starting a new life here.

3 comments:

celia said...

You are welcome Jalna. It is a good way for me to remember events. I now have been here for 5 weeks - 10/21.

Honolulu Aunty said...

Boy! You moved from Hawaii into a completely different life. What a wonderful adventure! I don't think I could do that but totally admire you for doing it.

celia said...

HI Honolulu Aunty,
I am very happy I did. What I do miss are my early 5:15 am walks at Ala Moana Beach Park and Magic Island. I did this with 3 other ladies. In the afternoon, I walked in my neighborhood with my neighbor. So each week day, I walked for about 4 miles.