Saturday, May 30, 2020

Foster Botanical Garden, 5/30/20

I am now in "the club" I am retired as of yesterday. The actual date is June 1 because with the State of Hawaii it is always the first of the following month. I began in August 1990.

Wow, the following guys came today - Derek, Milton S., Walter, Bob, Steve and Wesley.  Lol, I am their token female. Too bad Curtis, Dean and Dewey were not able to come.

I used a Sigma 100-400 lens on my Canon camera. 



This twisted tree caught my interest.


The bright sun created this bokeh which I saw on the hibiscus.





Canon ball flowers are so cool.




I regret not using my macro lens which I did have on my other camera. This was the only decent bee photo. It was really hot and I did not have the energy to pull it out of my bag. Milton S. used his macro.



Believe it or not, there were very few butterflies. They are so challenging to capture. Maybe next time.

I am really proud of our group, we all wore our face masks and went home because the restaurants are not open due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Although, face masks are required during this time - many many people disregard wearing them. This is not the first time. Sorry to dwell on this however none of us want to catch this virus - we all need to be respectful of each other.

2 comments:

jalna said...

Nice photos!!! Congratulations on your retirement!!! Welcome to the club! And I agree about mask wearing. It's a matter of being considerate to others, and I wish more people would be respectful of that.

celia said...

Thank you Jalna. I am so happy. Again, when I was at Koko Head Botanical our group of 4 were the only ones with masks.