Sunday, July 14, 2019

Sunflower field- 7/13/19, Zoo - 7/14/19

My friend Carol and Caroline went with me to Waialua to see these sunflowers that are open to the public from July 11-20, weekdays 12-2 and weekends 10-2. We were warned to watch your steps to avoid walking on ant piles - their bites hurt and to avoid getting stung by pollenating bees. Yay none of that happened.
  




The above were with my iPhone 8. The below were with my macro lens.




Before heading to Haleiwa, we checked out the North Shore Soap Factory. I wonder what this building was used for, I suspect something for the sugar mill.

Zoo, 7/14/19... 




From my vantage point, I was able to get this resting sloth.



I wanted to include a video of a scarlet macaw that had water spraying in its cage. However the video would not upload even if it was 1/2 a minute long. It was cool to see.




The other zebra had its back to us - I chose to not include that photo

I was happy to see the warthogs have another habitat but initially sad that we saw them resting with their rears to us. Then all of a sudden something caught their interest and they were running back and forth.






 Yay, they made my day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice framing of the sunflowers with the mirror.

celia said...

Thanks Anonymous. I am glad I could somehow show how large the sunflower field is.