Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Xeriscape, 2/21/15

Xeriscape? In Halawa there is a Xeriscape Garden - according to the dictionary: a landscaping method developed especially for arid and semiarid climates that utilizes water-conserving techniques.

I wish I had brought my tripod - it was a challenge without it since it was windy. Good friends made the day fun: Milton S., Derek and Dewey.

Lunch at Aiea Bowl was enjoyed by all as we had their famous oxtail soup. I will have to go back for their scrumptious desserts.






5 comments:

jalna said...

So so so so nice!!! My coworker wants me to take pictures of flowers for her to decorate her kitchen. I forgot about that place. Thanks for the reminder!

celia said...

Thanks Jalna and I am glad I triggered a reminder.

SW said...

Great colors from all the plant.. I always thought Xeriscape is just cactus..You even caught a star burst on that bougainvillea too..nice!

celia said...

Derek emailed me saying he thought it was ironic that I photographed plants with water considering this is the Board of Water Supply's project to teach us how to conserve water. I would like to take their class as they do have plants other than cacti.

Anonymous said...

Mahalo Celia,
I wonderful place to make pictures. I didn't know about this place. I will send pix to my granddaughter that is into Flowers.
The pictures you made, gave me excitement about going to view for myself.