Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Waimea Falls Park, 3/20/10

Hawaii Photography Society (HPS) met with a wet Waimea Falls Park. True photographers don't let the weather get in the way although it is a challenge to protect our gear. Hee hee, we just didn't want to go home after driving out there.

Here are my pics, I never made it to the famous Waimea Falls - too wet.





At lunch, we were fortunate to see peacocks.
I was shooting both color and black and white and I was amazed to see what the "eyes" look like. As you can see it has texture.
I never saw the back of a peacock before - pretty cool, huh?

5 comments:

garykn said...

Aloha Celia> Beautiful photography. I especially like the black/white photos. I guess I grew up on black and white and have always enjoyed working in that medium. I have a few original Ansel Adams photographs of Yosemite National Park. Please let me know if you would like to see them.

jalna said...

Hoooo hooo!! Great shots!

celia said...

Thanks Gary and Jalna - Yes Gary, I would like to see your originals of Ansel Adams. Free fee to email me.

Erick said...

Very nice! Like the cool peacock shots!

SW said...

nice use of B&W shots. You got great compositions on those feathers too.