Sunday, June 28, 2020

Ho`omaluhia Botanical Garden, 6/28/20

Now that the gardens are open, today there were choke people at Hoomaluhia with very few people with masks on. 

I am so proud of our group of seven, we always wear our mask. I know the other 3 who could not make it would have worn their mask. Lol, I am their token female. 


This was the first time for Gary and Wes. However these are Gary's photos...









Do you see the Mejiro?


Gary must have eagle eyes, he saw bees.



And look what we have here, lol.






At the lake, the ducks entertained us





Nap time. They actually huddle together.



Look closely, these are not carps. They have a bump on their head.


Here are my photos...


I know, I should not include this blurry photo. It will remind me how difficult it is to get a bird. In this case, the Shama was quicker than me.






At the lake,  this mom and her ducklings were so endearing.



Before taking a nap, each duckling cleaned itself. We had no idea that they huddle together when they sleep. 

Mom stayed a slight distance away while they were napping, Now it is time for them to wake up.


Here are some macro...







We all truly enjoy this hobby plus working our magic with our cameras whether it be a Nikon, Olympus, Canon, Sony, or Sigma.

2 comments:

jag21330 said...

Fabulous photos by Celia, I'm still practicing and will hopefully, some day be as good as her.

celia said...

Thank you jag21330. I am still practicing.