Saturday, November 24, 2012

Photo day with Jon, 11/23/12


My son, Jon came home for his cousin's wedding and for Thanksgiving. His brother Mike lives here.
We met Richard at 5:45 am in town. Yup, early to make sure we got to Kaneohe Bay for the sunrise.






Here is a link to my pictures when Kaneohe Bay tide was really low


Our next stop was Ho`omaluhia Botanical Garden. We walked a little and realized to save time, it would be better to drive through the Garden - which is huge.




 Then we headed to The Byodo-In Temple at the Valley of the Temples Memorial Park.


Jon noticed there were turtles.




 Hee hee, Richard asked me to take a picture of this bird.

Thanks Richard, it was fun making pictures.

After a delicious dinner at Asia Manoa, with our relatives, Jon and I went to Ala Moana Beach Park to capture the Friday fireworks. (Panic, I did not know where my "Bulb" choice in my camera was, yikes !!! This was the only shot I was able to edit).
Jon, wow what a day, we went to 4 locations. You did very well!!!

7 comments:

Les said...

nice pics! Love the chickens :) Kaneohe bay before sunrise was a good idea...so pretty!

celia said...

Thanks Les, I just edited my blog to include a link of the same area with really low tide. I was actually hoping to see this again. LOL, the chickens were fun to see.

Erick said...

Nice K. Bay morning shots. I like all the birds too.

SW said...

great day to night shots! that's one long day.

celia said...

Erick, thanks - K. Bay was very serene. Yes - too funny, we saw lots of birds.

SW, thanks - I think we were all exhausted - but happy about our full day.

Photo Fashionista said...

Love the Buddha shot at the end. Nice bokeh going on!

celia said...

Thank you Photo Fashionista.