Sunday, December 2, 2012

Kapiolani Community College's(KCC) beauty, 12/1/12

I spent a wonderful morning capturing beauty with Milton S., Derek and Roger. Milton assisted me with understanding my camera. I have had some trouble focusing and he gave me pointers - thank you so very much. 






KCC has so many beautiful plants, flowers, birds,
and Madagascar Geckos.




It was extremely challenging to capture these Meijiros. They are small and are hard to track. The following were cropped. 




Thanks guys, it was so much fun. Also on Saturday, there is a Farmer's Market - so getting something to eat there was convenient and yummy.

8 comments:

jalna said...

Great job Celia! Beaauuuutiful shots!

celia said...

Thanks Jalna - I am glad I can share the beauty I saw there.

Erick said...

Hey CD, very nice and sharp. Great birdie shots, so cute. What new technique did you learn? It's probably good advice for everyone.

celia said...

Thanks Erick - Milton S. had me center focus - lock the focus then recompose. I think you do this especially focusing on eyes. No more sharp clothes and unsharp eyes.

On Sunday, met Gary Miyata - does the same as Milton S. Check out Gary's pix on Surf News Network Community.

Marcia F. said...

My favorite has to be the last photo. It's simple yet artistic! :)

celia said...

Thanks Marcia - I like being artistic.

Randism said...

i like the blue picture! 7th from the bottom; don't know what it is but it makes me think of Avatar!!!

celia said...

Hi Rand - thanks, good to hear from you. Hee hee, I don't know the name of that blue flower. Just trying to be artistic.