Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Aquarium, 9/20/15

I really wanted to see how my 50mm 1.2 lens would fare at the aquarium. I understand the lighting in the aquarium has to be low to emulate the ocean.  Since fish will not pose for you, I actually had to put my setting on continuous mode.



The following 3 are a sequence of this little one as I tried to track him/her.















Humuhumunukunukuapua`a is our state fish - it is a reef triggerfish. I think this is the most elusive fish to photograph. It moves so quickly and turns on a dime!!!

Was it a challenge? Yes, despite having a very nice lens: low light, moving objects.  Did I enjoy the aquarium? Yes, fish have beautiful colors and markings.

4 comments:

jalna said...

50mm 1.2!!! Very, very awesome!!

celia said...

Hi Jalna, I signed up for a photojournalism class that required a 50mm 1.8 lens. I read the reviews of a 1.8 lens - not good. So I got the best. However the class got cancelled, ugh. I will definitely use this lens as much as possible. I did have to tweek the jelly fish and the humuhumu photos - they are really hard to capture. I am glad you enjoyed these photos with the 1.2.

SW said...

WOW... some lens purchase! It's so challenging at the aquarium..That's some quick shooting of the humunukunukuapua'a. that's awesome!

celia said...

Yup, I sure got an expensive lens and the class got cancelled. That humuhumu... is a speedy gonzales. Too bad the tank is not clear or I would have gotten a prettier picture of our state fish.