Monday, May 25, 2015

Portrait photos with EOH, 5/23/15; Windward side of the Island with D,M and D, 5/24/15

I really enjoy being part of Eyes of Hawaii (EOH) photography club. We meet on the 4th Monday, and enjoy a potluck followed by theme presentation, spotlight member, guest speaker, new info on camera/techie stuff (agenda varies).

I have not been able to attend the various botanical garden workshop. This was a Portrait workshop using Liliuokalani Gardens for the background. Low budget, we had no models. I have fun waiting incognito to photograph expressions with good light.








Windward side of the Island, 5/24/15
D, M and D....I have been fortunate to photograph with different groups. These are the initials of the guys, sometimes S comes. 

Between Kailua Beach and Lanikai...





I am waiting to come back when the sun rises closer to these tiny islands better known as the Mokus


"Rabbit Island"...
I think it was named for its' shape.


Lanai Lookout...

As you can see, it is weather beaten but for me, it is cool to see its' effects.





Koko Head Botanical Garden...
I chose this one plumeria because it was close to my height and I was able to use a tripod. The wind was definitely an obstacle.

D's place...




4 comments:

jalna said...

Beauuuutiful photos!!

celia said...

Thank you so much Jalna.

SW said...

who needs models when you have so many photogenic people w/ genuine smiles.
is that rock taken at the same spot one zoomed? that's quite a zoom.. I really liked the lotus. so pretty.. love the colors!

celia said...

SW, it was fun using my zoom to get their genuine smiles. For the rock, I moved myself directly in front and then zoomed to 105 the other one was a wide shot at 24. Thank you - I also like lotus and tried to get a different angle.