Saturday, January 5, 2013

Ohio, 12/19-27/12

We had Richard's sister Nancy open her Christmas gift the night we got there. She is a terrific photographer and we wanted her to have a better camera.
I really enjoyed being at her place.
She had stockings for us. Even Cody had one.


I am still like a little kid, enjoying the snow. Last year it did not snow - so I was hoping when visiting Nancy during Christmas it would snow - got my wish. Those are my boot prints.

The Amish continue to live as minimalist. I choose to be in a car.
 We had dinner with friends. Yum, baked sweet potato and ribs!
 Had dessert at Mary Jean and Larry's.

Hee hee, Heidi suggested I be photoshopped in - thanks Richard!
On Christmas Eve, we went to Eichel's - now that is Christmas with snow, Christmas lights and decorations. Thank you Nancy for driving us there.





I finally got to take a picture of this huge tree. (Hee hee, this might be Richard's - since I did not bring my zoom lens - Richard was kind to share his pictures and his lens.)
Since our flight to Sacramento from Columbus was on Dec. 27 at 6 am - we decided to leave Ashland a day earlier and spend the night in Columbus. Good plan - we were able to miss the snow storm. When Nancy returned home there was 5 inches more of snow.

Here is Cody, the morning we left.

Stopped at Steak n Shake.
I wish I had gotten a larger shake, that was an Orange Dream. - that Portobello 'n Swiss was also deeeelicious.



 Voila Coumbus.
I certainly had a true Christmas - in a winter wonderland.

8 comments:

Photo Fashionista said...

Great photos! Wow...a white Christmas...lucky you!!!! :)

celia said...

Sookie, it was awesome!

jalna said...

Very nice photos! Thanks for sharing!

celia said...

Thanks Jalna. Guess what, I still have more to share- it will cover Dec. 27 - Jan. 2.

Erick said...

Cool, a white Christmas. Cody looks like he is having a great time in the white stuff. Was it cold?

celia said...

Erick, it was cold but I actually feel colder here. We were down to 29 degrees but it was a dry cold and not much wind. It was fun wearing winter stuffs.

SW said...

what a set of fun pics! thanks for sharing!

celia said...

Thanks SWW, it was fun!!!