Sunday, January 2, 2011

Baby, 12/31/10 and Happy New Year, 1/1/11

I am so happy for my friends who just had a baby 12 days ago. She is so cute!!!


Here is the happy family.
Luckily, daddy can cook. We enjoyed a delicious lunch. Hee hee this is an aerial shot. I needed to stand on their chair to get this.
Later that night, I met up with Ruth, Alan and Dennis at Murphy's Bar and Grill. The desserts were yummy and I really liked this adorned light fixture. Sure got me in the mood to celebrate New Year's.

The following pics were taken with my Panasonic ZS3 - only the first 2 have been edited - especially the second one for noise/grain.
We wanted to take pictures of the fireworks from Aloha Tower Market Place, however we did not want to pay $20.00 to get in. So we moved on.

Star of Honolulu also had New Year's festivities but about 1/2 hour before midnight moved out to allow everyone to see the fireworks from a better place.
So where did we take these fireworks? We sat on the rocks along the shore fronting the parking lot. I was going to edit these pics and thought it would be better to show what the scene mode: fireworks, can do.







I always find it difficult to take fireworks shots, within the 10 minutes so many fireworks are shot up that I can't figure when to take the pics. When too many are up, my pictures get blown out.

4 comments:

kim said...

Hi Celia,

Thanks for posting pics of my niece. She is so cute, huh?

-kim

celia said...

Kim,

I truly enjoy looking at her pictures. I also enjoyed spending time with her.

SW said...

nice shots.. I'm surprised the firework shots actually came out w/your P&S camera..

Erick said...

So cute! Nice firework shots too.