Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Jon's Art, 5/25/10

I have a passion for art but do not have the talent my son Jon has.

Although I saw his art flourish in high school, Jon first finished with a degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of the Pacific and then pursued his art with a minor in Studio Art from the Lorenzo de'Medici in Florence "Firenze", Italy.

Here are just some of his works, it was hard for me to pick them. I would like to share his art with his blog and his website. You'll see these links just below my banner under "Jon's sites"

This picture means a lot to me. I saw him draw this and was amazed at the face. My lithographer friend had him draw a picture in order to show him the process of making a lithograph. Jon drew this without any hesitation.


A watercolor postcard Jon made and sent to me from Italy.
Would you believe the following are oils - usually 2' x 3'.




These pictures will make more sense to you after reading his blog.

No comments: