Sunday, August 9, 2009

A weekend in Kahuku, 8/9/09

Jellos?  This home in Kahuku was a gathering place for a mini class reunion. Needless to say it was fun.  
My friends hoped to get good shots of this log.


Due to an impending hurricane, the waves were a bit rough.  
Before turning in, I got this moon shot.
I set my alarm for 5:50 a.m. to see the sunrise.  My friends said Saturday morning's sunrise was spectacular.  However this morning, the weather wasn't good and within minutes the clouds rolled in blocking the view of the sunrise.  Not fair.
I did get one last shot of the log.  I of course didn't want to go back into town.

4 comments:

Erick said...

Looks like you had fun! Cool log, nice study of the log and the hole in the log too. Nice photos!

SW said...

Very nice use of wide angle lens for the beach house. The beach shots had a soft serene feel, even though you said there was high surf. I also like the moon shot..cool..was that b&w or it just seem that way since it was pitch dark? Did you see the milky way since there's no city lights?

celia said...

The log study was fun but challenging as the waves kept coming in. I got splashed once and my camera got some splash as well.

For the moon shot, that is the way it came out. I did get rid of the flare that was further down in the picture.

I think I could have gotten the milky way but I did not bring my zoon. It was a clear night and we saw the stars. I hope I get a chance to go again and for sure I will focus on the sky.

jalna said...

I looooove the color of the sunrise.