Sunday, January 31, 2021

Hamakua Marsh, birds - some in flight, most not, 1/31/21

Thanks Walter for suggesting this outing. As you can tell by the title, I was not very successful with birds in flight. However today was enjoyable - Gary, Curtis, Walter and I were having fun. Derek and Bob had fun further down. I can't wait to see everyone's photos.


Yay, some action.






These 2 were fun to watch. One of them really puffed himself. He eventually got his prey. Later you will see the other one got his prey and we saw how it swallows it whole.




I realized this one was sleeping. It did not take long for the other coots to come and bother him. I could see it being awoken and feeling disorientated.



Awww


These last ones were about the other heron getting his prey. Okay, they swallow their prey.







I was laughing earlier with Curtis that my blog should be called Herons. I definitely need a lot of practice taking photos of birds in flight.

1 comment:

celia said...

Thanks Jalna. Usually the herons just stay in one place and fly unexpectedly.