Sunday, March 17, 2019

Waimea Valley Park, 3/17/19

Ohana Day, third Sundays. A day when the entry fee is 1/2 off. We were fortunate the weather was perfect - we (Shun Wah, Jan, and Derek) enjoyed about 3 hours here.









These variegated leaves caught our attention.


As well as this huge hibiscus - there were about 5.



Thanks Derek for seeing this place in the Windward Oahu Voice _ Restaurant guide to the Windward side. We were fortunate by the time we ordered our lunch at KIX BBQ in Hauula next to their Fire Station - we got to sit at their one counter.

4 comments:

SW said...

wow .. I would never guess you took all those w/ your long lens! I can't believe you got the water drop on the lotus leaf. Beautiful Shots! It was a great day and thank you so much for inviting me. It was great fun!

celia said...

It was definitely fun and I am glad you finally got to see the famous Waimea Valley Falls. Lol, I am tired carrying my 70-200.

jalna said...

Beautiful, serene photos. They touch my heart somehow.

celia said...

Thank you Jalna, I am glad these photos touched your heart.