Thursday, July 18, 2013

Along the shoreline, 7/12/13

Milton S., Derek, Dewey and myself wanted another sunrise - this was by He`eia boat harbor in Kaneohe.
I am still amazed that my Panasonic FZ200 was able to zoom in to capture Chinaman's Hat. Notice how tiny it was in the above picture.




Driving along, I had to stop. Look at the beautiful ridges on this mountain.
Zoomed in!
Another angle of Chinaman's Hat

La`ie Point...


Hawaiians believe in creating these rock formations for protection.






Shark's Cove at Pupukea...




This hibiscus was at Haleiwa park where I was hoping to see turtles.

One last stop: Dole Plantation…
Although this was not a pretty picture - I was playing with the articulation screen and zoom to get this Green Anole Lizard.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great image quality for a p&s! Of course, your eye for composition and steady hands for the long shots guarantees the good results.

celia said...

Hi W. thanks for your compliments especially having the eye. I confess, I did use a tripod for the Kaneohe shore pictures.

I just checked out your everyday best collections. I really like them. Must be hard to choose just one. That is a good discipline to have a picture each day.

SW said...

WOW beautiful shots! Did you use some camera features in your Laie rock shot? it has a really nice dreamy feel. The zoom is awesome too. Great day for great series of shots.

celia said...

SW - yay - you noticed the dreamy effect - I actually minimize the clarity. Yes, the zoom is such a plus as well as the articulation screen. What I want to get is a circular polarizer - when I tried to do a panorama - the bright sky and water was hard to fix. I have to say it is easier using this camera.

LGS said...

NICE PIX!!!
You mis-identified the critter on the last shot. It is a Green Anole Lizard and not a gecko.

celia said...

LGS, thanks for looking up what my critter was. I now have corrected my blog. Glad you like the pix. It was fun.