Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Kaua`i with a Photo Friend, 3/21-23/13

Linda and I decided to bring our bears to help tell about our trip.
Before having breakfast at Joe's on the Green, in Po`ipu, we saw this taro patch which is part of an Ahupua`a (an ancient Hawaiian land division which runs from the apex of the mountain to the sea).
During breakfast, Linda took this picture of Benji playing photographer while giving me pointers about filling the frame. Thanks Linda.
At the vista point of Koke`e State Park, we laughed because we could not see the cliff area of Napali into where the helicopter tours fly.


 We caught Boo doing some rock climbing.
 That is Ni`ihau in the distance.
This rooster is a familiar sight on Kaua`i.
Yay! Linda got a picture of the Nene goose, our state bird.
Sugar Cane Snax is a must for their `ono (yummy) granola and cookies.
Across the street, we enjoyed COCONUT everything: coconut noodles, coconut water, and fresh coconut!


Boo is slurping the coconut water.
Linda is enjoying the coconut meat.


On our last day, we headed to Kilauea Point National Wildlife Refuge.

Kudos to Linda, cuz it was hard to capture flying birds!!!
Another must, was our ice cream at Lappert's at the Coconut Market Place in Kapa`a. Oops, Linda asked me, "why is Benji over there?" I realized he fell out of my pocket in my haste to get ICE CREAM. We were rushing around too much because we were trying to fit one more place to visit before returning to the airport.
 Sad dejected Benji...the ice cream did not appease him at all!

Wailua River State Park.
 Thanks again, Linda...for Benji's portrait.
Even Benji waited patiently for our plane.
Guess what? We will have to go back to Kaua`i!

8 comments:

jalna said...

That was fun!!

Erick said...

Cute! Did they have to pay for airfare and lodging? At least they don't eat to much.

Photo Fashionista said...

I loved all these photos! Such a great idea to share your adventures thru Benji and Boo! I have to say this is your best post ever! :)

Photo Fashionista said...

Btw...loved the very first photo!!!

celia said...

Jalna, Linda made it fun. We want to do more fun trips.

Erick, Benji and Boo did not cost us extra but they certainly added a whole lot to our trip. I almost lost Benji twice. The first time he fell off a plant and rolled down at Waimea Canyon. And the second time was the one I shared. We could have walked to another table and not seen him:.

Marcia, I am glad you liked that first picture. Linda thought of that. I was the driver. Boo and Benji spent a lot of time on the dash board. Linda and I worked on this post together so I am glad you really enjoyed it.

We really had a great trip - all 4 of us.

LGS said...

Boo is my PC (polyester child). He travels pretty much everywhere with me, so I thought it would be more fun for Celia if she, too, had a PC. Boo has been to NV, WA, OR, AZ, NM, CO, UT, many places in CA, Walt Disney World, Thailand and The Netherlands... we'll traveled, I think!

One of the most amazing things about taking photos of a PC is that their expressions seem to change depending on how one poses them.

Can't hardly wait to go on another trip with Celia and Benji.

SW said...

Such a cute adventure and story ...Good thing you didn't leave Benji behind! and love the photo Boo rock climbing!

celia said...

Linda, it was so much fun. Benji and Iook forward to more travels with you and Boo.

SW, thanks - Linda is very creative!!! I will try to include Benji in more future pictures.