Thursday, August 16, 2012

Heather Toshiko workshop, 8/12/12

Thank you Lance with Eyes of Hawaii for this fabulous workshop with Heather Toshiko. Here is link to her website

There were 2 models. We learned to use natural light to captures these images.

Besides being clear with your model what you want, it is also very helpful to show them your pictures - feedback.







She is viewing her picture.


Heather you were so energetic and willing to share how to do a model shoot. I really appreciated not having to use any lighting equipment nor camera flash.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

HiC

Once again you captured some great "photo's". And, I agree that Heather's workshop was well worth our time... Thanks for sharing.

R

Photo Fashionista said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE photo #4!!!

celia said...

R, I am glad you were there to learn from Heather
Sookie, I am glad you liked #4 - that is also my fav.

SW said...

Great Lighting!! Great that you captured their smiles as well as serious pose in your shots.. too bad I missed out on a great workshop.

jalna said...

Looks like it was a great workshop!

celia said...

SW, thanks - yes, it was fun to try to capture the different emotions.

Jalna, that is what everyone said as we left that it was a "great workshop". Kudos to Lance for discovering Heather.

Erick said...

I really like the emotions in your shots. Cool, makes it more than a picture. Very nice.

celia said...

Ev, thanks - hee hee, my arms were tired holding my camera and waiting for those emotions.

C.Edward "Eddie" Freeman said...

Great day CD...enjoyed the workshop with Heather and the Eyes gang...the models were very professional and allowed us freedoms that I didn't expect. They were greatto allow even us "rookies" to give them directions. There were some very nice shots by everyone..mahalo Lance for setting this up.

celia said...

Eddie, it certainly was a workshop we will never forget. Heather taught us so much and I agree our models were so gracious to let us "rookies" direct them.