Sunday, May 22, 2011

Where did I go? 5/13-16/11

I had a great weekend, but where did I go?
 Some panoramas with my cool Sony NEX




 Auntie Lisa invited me to join her for the
Most of the events were at The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii at Mauna Lani Resort.

Leo Sears is the Founder and Executive Director of this event and his wife, Jan is definitely his right hand person.  There were 63 films. "Wounded" won for Short film and "Get A Job" won for Feature film.
Wow, I got to sit on the same table with Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa and Lisa Lu, both of whom were in the 1987 film, "The Last Emperor".

Although my calabash Auntie Lisa is remembered in the 1993 film, "The Joy Luck Club", her acting career is quite extensive.  In Asia, she has received 3 Golden Horse Awards which are similar to the Oscars and 1 Magnolia Award for Best Artistic Achievement.
I also had the pleasure of sitting with Pastor Daniel "Kaniela" Akaka, Jr and his lovely wife Pastor Anna.
 During our time on the Big Island, we drove to Hawi and had a nice lunch at

 To our surprise their restroom was fun to look around

The following are just some fun shots
(my dessert)

(wise saying)
 Auntie and I enjoyed taking pictures of The Fairmond Orchid's beautiful landscape.





 I stopped to take one last panorama as we approached Hwy 19 as we headed to the Kona Airport.

4 comments:

jalna said...

Wow Celia, from the first picture I thought, boy she looks familiar! Looks like you had a really nice time!

celia said...

Hey Jalna, I know exactly what you mean. After all you have only seen me taking pictures in shorts or whatever. I barely recognize my gym friends out of the gym. Some have seen me thinking who is this? I did have a really nice time.

Erick said...

Cool shots, great shots of the celebs.

SW said...

Looked like a great hotel and a great event. Nice shots w/ the panorama. Great you got to use it for all those places. Lucky too you got to go 'star gazing' as well...