Saturday, March 23, 2024

Snippets since December 6, 2021


I have now been in Los Angeles for 2 1/2 years (September 16, 2021)

December 2022, I joined the Culver City Senior Center: membership $20.00/year and parking $5.00/year. This center has so many activities for us seniors. Needless to say I enjoy this place. I have been doing Zumba 3/week from 8-9, $4.00/class. It is the only thing I have to pay for. I also do Dance Fit, Improv, Acting, and see Movies on Tuesday and Sunday- which are all free. There are so many other classes such as Ceramic, Water, Pastel, Hula, Crochet, Knitting, etc. - not sure what their cost are. They also have Ping Pong, and Billards.

***********
Today, I made it priority to do this blog. 

December 6, 2021
Just under 4 months



15th month check, November 22, 2022


I like to do comparisons

 June 26, 2023

Alan Suemori is a friend of mine, a history teacher at Iolani School. Long story short, I have been reading this story to him. I left out words while reading and he filled them in. Listen to the video, his favorite word is Kalakaua.



September 28, 2023
I forgot where the family was going. I was happy to capture this iconic building at LAX.


October 31, 2023


December 2, 2023
Jon had a solo show with 18 oil paintings. I am so proud of him with his creativity and his perseverance.

December 30, 2023
The school's Christmas show. 


I chose to focus on him. I am glad, I didn't clap after the performance because I got his cute expression at the end.



December 25, 2023


December 31, 2023
New Year's Eve 

January 2, 2024



January 9, 2024
Really enjoy his talking


January 26, 2024


January 29, 2024
Decided to put things in his pick up trucks

Sweet moment

February 2, 2024
I did not realize how close we are to downtown Los Angeles. This is not from where we live but about 4 miles away.


February 12, 2024
The Chinese jacket my grandson is wearing was mine when I was 3 years old - I was a small 3 year old.

February 15, 2024,
As you can see, he likes to line up his toys. Notice his couch? I was able to get it free from Facebook Buy Nothing group.


February 17, 2024 
Hip Hip Hooray, his room and the roof took 4 weeks to complete due to leaks and mold. It disrupted their lives as they lived in an Airbnb for 3 weeks and then another Airbnb for another week. This change affected him; he regressed with his toilet training.


March 1, 2024
He is learning Spanish and Mandarin at his Montessori school. It was hard to capture his Mandarin, because I didn't do it when he first said it. You know how it is when you ask anyone to repeat, it is not the same as the first time. I think he is saying "red"


March 9, 2024
When Jon came to pick him up, he got the perfect moment.



March 15, 2024
Getting ready for picture day


3 comments:

jalna said...

Nice to see you back! Grandson is growing up so fast. Thanks for the update.

celia said...

Thank you Jalna. It was good blogging again. I just have to make time and it is worth the effort to look at memories here. You are incredible keeping up with your blog.

Anonymous said...

Great photos and videos, Mimi!