Saturday, December 3, 2022

Variety of Catch Ups, 12/3/22

This Oaxacan Restaurant is in Koreatown. I heard about this place from a lady with her baby at one of the parks I go to. It got a James Beard Foundation Award. The food was good and the murals outside which is in orange and the mural inside were cool. (October 11, 2022)






I chose to have this Mexican hot chocolate with water and not milk. I was worried it would be too rich with milk. It comes with this anise bun that has a candy (not sweet and perfect with the hot chocolate. I went with my friend Naomi.
 



An absolutely fun place to go to. Naomi and I ate upstairs "outside" then went downstairs to the "trolley car" (October 27, 2022)






"Among the interior design restorations is the full reveal of the iconic and original red trolley car, dating back to 1904 and is confirmed to be the oldest surviving  red train car in existence." 

"The Formosa first opened its doors IN LOS ANGELES in 1939: making its new debut in its 80th year. Located across from the then-Samuel Goldwyn studio, stars like Frank Sinatra, Humphrey Bogart, James Dean, and Elvis Presley would pop into the legendary Formosa Cafe regularly for dining and drinks."



http://theformosacafe.com








I stopped at this doughnut and coffee shop. Everything was so rich looking. I asked the lady about this one and was happy to hear that this one one has an Egg Benedict inside. How can? The description of the doughnut is that it is like a malasada. (November 29, 2022)



I found a hairdresser in Burbank and I will continue to make that trek - his price is very reasonable and I like what he did. (November 15, 2022)


Thanksgiving was so much fun at Alexandra's. She officiated Jon and Casey's wedding 5/1/15. 



Now for Ole. 

He is in a Panda outfit for Halloween. His parents were his Zoo keepers.




At his 15 month doctor's visit (November 22, 2022)



Yup he is walking (November 6, 2022)


This generation allows the baby to feed themselves (November 27, 2022


On Ole's wish list was a teddy bear. I could not wait to give him this Christmas present. He will get more presents on that day. (December 1, 2022)

2 comments:

jalna said...

Great photos!

celia said...

Thank you very much Jalna. I have not been going out much but at least I have these photos of the times I have gone out.