Friday, January 14, 2022

Life is good, January 14, 2022

When I posted on social media that I went to Santa Barbara, a friend suggested I visit Solvang. What a nice surprise,  it was so charming. I went on January 2.


 

I found out the tour for this mission was closed for the holidays.

I came across many bakeries and asked someone at a store which one they would suggest. Yay, I am happy I asked.



My friend Naomi and I get together on Wednesdays. I have always wanted to get a photo of this building, usually there are cars in front of it. 


We had a delicious lunch here.







I have to be in the mood to make jewelry. This was done on January 8.




This past Wednesday, Naomi and I went to Mitsuwa to get ingredients. I was craving noodles.  I also got pork cut for Shabu Shabu and marinated in shoyu for flavor - it was so tender. The fish cake was also delicious.






He is so much fun. I enjoy hearing him.











I hope everyone is having a good 2022. Stay safe.

4 comments:

jalna said...

So nice to see you enjoying yourself! Thanks for sharing.

celia said...

Thank you Jalna. I am very fortunate that things worked out.

Honolulu Aunty said...

Your grandson is SO adorable and I love how his family is so close. I think you made a good decision to pack up and move there and be part of his life as well as enjoying how wonderful California can be. I really enjoy your posts and pictures!

celia said...

Thank you Honolulu Aunty, I am glad you are enjoying my grandson. I am really fortunate because my unit is so much larger than my Honolulu place was. I am also in the same building as my son's family. There are 4 unit and I live below them and I feel safer being here. Luckily I don't mind driving, This past Sunday, I went to visit a friend who lives in Irvine - 39 miles away.