Monday, March 12, 2018

Chinatown, 3/11/18

Anyone know what time it is? I just realized it is off by an hour. It should be 9:15 and not 8:15. Our meeting time was @9 at Maunakea Market Place.



Browsing through the market.



My last name Doo apparently also means Society. There is a place called See Dai Doo which people think I am related to - but it means 4 large society - fraternal organization. Also the character for my last name is not there - it is a combination of tree and mud.


My favorite place.


I asked the price of this little chair. What $25.99! I really wanted it - but at that cost - no way!



Got to look around - saw these Chinese words - I wish I knew what it means - I took Chinese school in third and fourth grade - and I am sure I could read it. But what you don't use you loose.

Now look down.


Hey is that Walter? I bet he has Lee's custard pie in the white bag, good hubby and dad.



A little sketchy on Hotel Street


Vintage, huh?

Hurry up Curtis!!! It is lunch time.

A nice ending for our photo excursion. This is at Mei Sum.

We (Dewey, Curtis, Robert, Walter, Milton and me) missed you Derek.

4 comments:

jalna said...

Nice outing! I love Mei Sum.

celia said...

It was Jalna - Chinatown has such character. When Dewey mentioned Mei Sum - it was a go.

Honolulu Aunty said...

Ooooh. I LOVE look funn!!! Have you tried Lam's Kitchen on the corner of Maunakea and Pauahi? They make their own noodles and their chow fun in soup or not is SO ono. They often run out of look funn, which people eat with their peanut sauce (they make their own sauce), soy sauce and something else on the table.

Chinatown is a great place. Good shots!

celia said...

Thank you Honolulu Aunty. After seeing your comment, I went there for the first time. So ono!!! Their look fun is thinner - so even better than the place I posted. I saw that you can order just that to go.