Saturday, December 9, 2017

Time

Time ever so precious,
Why dost thou leaveth me so often?
Have I offended or neglected you?
Shall I surrender myself to you?
For it is you who can make my life full.
Without you where's my track?
Where do I go? What can I do?

Sometimes I long to stay with you,
Other times, I wish you would never come,
And there there are times I can't wait for you.

You so effervescent, never letting me know when you go,
For every moment of you must be savored.


I wrote this for an assignment in college, I remember the words just flowed. I actually was surprised that I had personified time and it turned out to be a love letter as well as the use of some Old English words.

Just yesterday, a fourth grade student commented to me how time is going so fast, second quarter is almost over.

I am feeling the pressure of time as I do have a lot I want to finish in 2 weeks. However when doing planks, time is very slow!

What is time like for you?

4 comments:

jalna said...

Time slips through my fingers like water. I love your poem. Thanks for sharing!

celia said...

Sounds like life is good. Thanks Jalna and I am glad to share this poem.

SW said...

That is a great piece of work. Yeah, I wish there was more time to a day so I can get more done. Funny how they automate everything to things work faster, but we still there isn't enough time to do things.. haha..

celia said...

Thanks Shun Wah and I do agree why do we not have time when so many things are automated - for example washing machines, dishwashers, etc.