Sunday, May 19, 2013

South Shores Surf, 5/17/13 & 5/19/13

The north shores of the island of Oahu usually have high swells/waves. So when we heard the south shores were going to have 6-10 feet waves - lots of surfers came out as well as photographers.

Linda and I decided to check out "Point Panic" to capture the action.






I came back today because I wanted to make more pictures. But today, the swells came rapidly making surfing difficult.


I noticed the more experience surfers were not surfing and were shaking their heads as they watched those surfing. Luckily some were in the water and were able to help the less experienced surfers come back to shore. The ambulance did come to access someone who did need assistance.





 Today, water patrol was in place.
Off he goes to aid. I also saw a helicopter going in the same direction.

Hmmm? Who is playing with my camera? Looks like Bobby Doo and Benji.

I felt when I went with Linda on Friday, I could not see what I was taking since my camera doesn't have a view finder and the back screen display is so bright from the sun. So I attached a "hoodman" with bungee cords. I also felt I could not hold my camera steady on Friday so I added an invention my friend Mark Kaku created. Tomorrow, I will bring my set up to our Eyes of Hawaii photography meeting.

4 comments:

SW said...

wow..cool surf shots!!! Looks just like you were at the north shore!! It was really misty on Waikiki beach because of all the water from the surf blowing onto shore.
Bobby is quickly becoming quite a photog! hee..hee..

Linda said...

Nice shots!

Randism said...

i was at ala moana for the past two days and the waves are incredible! excellent! nice shots!

celia said...

Shun Wah, I am glad they look like north shore pictures without having to go there. Parking is always difficult there. I have to keep my eyes on those bears. hee..hee

Linda, thanks and it was fun going with you on Friday.

Rand, thanks - I really enjoyed seeing the action.