Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Polar Plunge?, 4/1/12

What a creative way to benefit Special Olympics Hawaii.  Jalna, Les and I took pictures of this crazy and fun "Freezin For A Reason Polar Plunge".  

According to their website, "The minimum amount raised per person to plunge is $100.00 by April 1, 2012."
It is hard to tell but it was 20 degrees Centigrade.






This father was a trooper: first he jumped in and stayed in to assist each daughter one at a time and remained while his wife participated.
 I kept my camera dry by using a large zip lock bag and tore open a hole at the bottom and pushed my lens through.  I also shot continuous shots to get these action shots.









7 comments:

jalna said...

Loooove your continuous shots!!

celia said...

Thanks Jalna, I am glad I got those shots.

Erick said...

Nice action shot! Great coverage.

Les said...

Great shots! So did you get soaked too??

celia said...

Thanks Erick and Les. Whew, I did not get soaked - yikes - you and Jalna did, What an event, I can't even stand a cold shower.

SW said...

ohh.. COOL PICS! get it?! ;D Nice action and reactions in all the "plungers"!

celia said...

Thanks SW. This was a COOL Special Olympic fundraiser.