Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Vibrams and Honolulu Festival, 3/3/12

These are Vibram FiveFingers KomodoSport. I luv them.  My friend Tracey got a different model.  Since we both like to walk, we got these because they can take walking and running on asphalt.  There are trail models to name a few of the many choices.

Not sure which one to get, I would highly recommend going to The Wheatgrass Center in Kaimuki.  Tracey the manager and her staff are very knowledgeable with which Vibrams will fit your needs.

Tracey allowed me to share.They are at 1215 Center Street and their number is (808) 734-8504.
Hours: Sun. & Mon. - closed, Tue. - Fri. 12 pm - 5 pm., Sat. 9 am - 3 pm.

What I really like about these are they  allow your feet to move as they should versus being stuck in shoes.  Many individuals have knee problems because their feet are hitting the ground incorrectly causing stress on their knees.
 




This weekend was the 18th Annual Honolulu Festival.  Now that I enjoy taking pictures, I look forward to this event along with my other photo friends - we are so fortunate that they have 3 venues packed with lots of performances on Saturday and Sunday.  It was fun shooting with you Erick.
These performers were at the Hawaii Convention Center.








I wish I could have taken more pictures, my weekend was already packed.  I was also unable to stay for the parade and to see the Nagaoka Fireworks which I knew would be spectacular.

I do leave you with this picture of Waikiki that I took when Andy was in town.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely!

It was great to see you again this year.

Andy P

jalna said...

That's the model Vibram I picked too! I just love it. Great shooting at the Festival. I was thinking of checking it out, but got sidetracked.

Anonymous said...

I can not tell you how much I love the way you inform with your snap shots. Like telling a story with pictures. Always looking forward to your next post.

celia said...

Andy - thanks and I enjoyed seeing you as well. I truly enjoy seeing your pictures.

Jalna, cool - I so love mine too. It was fun at the Festival - what I did not share were photos women who showed off their floral arrangements wearing prom like dresses.

Tracey, thanks - I enjoy photo journaling my pix.

SW said...

yay! you've joined the vibrams club..those look like cute shoes..did you wear them to the festival? Nice action shots of the festival. Too bad I wasn't able join you folks on Saturday...

celia said...

Good guess, I did wear my Vibrams to the Festival. Too bad you could not join us - hee hee the usual suspects were there.